Production Specialists work in a dynamic, creative and fast-paced environment to create and assemble sign and graphic products for many different business applications. Creative work is performed within the FASTSIGNS Center (Downtown Calgary location) sign production area that is fully equipped with top-of-the-line sign-making equipment.
Position requirements include cutting printed graphics using a variety of wall cutters, saws, and Exacto blades, as well as applying the product to substrates. The Production Specialist may be required to work in the field performing installations to vehicles, and building interiors and exteriors using a ladder or mechanical lift system. Careful attention to detail utilizing work orders that outline specifics for each custom order is paramount.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, with problem-solving skills who pays very close attention to accuracy and detail. Comprehensive training in all aspects of this position will be provided. If this describes you, we encourage you to apply!
Preference will be given to the candidates who have some graphic design experience. Proficiency in graphic designing software such as illustrator, photoshop and other graphic designing software is definitely a plus point.
- Follow a layout to place computer cut vinyl or full color graphic image(s) on a predetermined substrate or medium.
- Prepare substrates for vinyl application. This may include cutting, painting, laminating, cleaning and maintaining the substrates for vinyl application.
- Weed excess vinyl from computer cut images. Weeding techniques vary with size, type of vinyl and complexity of image.
- Operate and maintain printer(s).
- Perform quality assurance measures pre- and post-production by accurately reading and interpreting a Work Order and then proofing for errors or unacceptable standards.
- Perform finishing operations such as laminating, encapsulating, and/or mounting of printed pieces.
- Perform installations at customer locations or other off-site locations as necessary.
- Communicate with other employees and customers in a calm and professional manner.
- Report inventory levels and stock to be reordered to the center manager/production manager or franchisee.
- Help unload and store raw materials; clean and maintain storage areas.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Perform routine machine maintenance and minor repairs when necessary.
- Serve as back up for graphic designer as necessary.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Participate in and practice the brand mentality of “Everybody Sells”. Constantly be looking for sales opportunities for the center.
- Serve as a backup for answering the phone if the franchisee, manager and sales/service employees are busy assisting other customers. Assist at the front counter as needed.
- Understand the sales process enough to consult with customers to determine project needs and solutions.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds.
- Flexibility to lean over a waist-high table and use back and forth hand motion to apply vinyl letters and graphics to a substrate.
- Ability to work under pressure to output high volume, high quality work.
- Ability to use light power equipment.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to FASTSIGNS Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)